vendredi 23 mai 2008

The Beatles Anthology Collector's Set

The Beatles Anthology Collector's Set


The Beatles Anthology Collector's Set
Initially advertise as a TV miniseries to depart with the series of three Anthology double-CD albums, this set of eight documentary tapes has the heft and scope of one of Ken Burns's expansive projects. Still, unless you are either a historian or a truly loyal addict, you'll discover yourself with way more material--particularly about the Beatles' timely lives as lads in Liverpool--than you'll want to watch. The documentary material is copious, including timely performance films and tapes, at the point previous they acknowledged their true voices. The actual Beatlemania years--initiating in 1963 and completing in 1970--characteristic lengthy performance films, also as home movies and archival material. The best parts, of course, are the interviews with the Beatles themselves, who produced the complete thing. Along with reworking two previously unreleased John Lennon tracks as "new Beatles songs," the Anthology includes some unseen Lennon interview tapes so that his acerbic voice might be heard also. This stands as a comprehensive article of that heady period, the second approaching of rock & roll, as the Beatles took what Elvis had started and amplified upon it exponentially. The tapes provide a solid sense of the historical circumstance and the way these four musicians changed the world around them in the 1960s. --Marshall Fine

Customer Review: Beatles anthology

What more do I need to say?

If you are a Beatles addict and haven't clicked the "Buy" button, Shame on you! lol



Seriously, It's a huge set and a perfect addition to any pool.

Customer Review: (Helpful?) Tip...

Having been a devotee because over 20 years now, I naturally acknowledged this pool quite amusing, as my hunger because any visual footage of the array has all the time exceeded what was commercially accessible. Much of it is not new. However, there are quite lengthy interviews, both individually and as a array, with the surviving members, made specifically because the release of this series, and some archival footage that I hadn't seen previous (such as the scenes in India, because case in point). The conferences with the actual 3 surviving beatles themselves in 1994 at George's estate, also as the 3 of them and George Martin in the Abbey Road studios in 1995, were quite amusing and added much to my understanding of their individual viewpoints of the whole beatles knowledge.



It is not my intent to add whatever also in the way of satisfied review, since it seems to have been covered by so many other reviewers, but I will add one minor technical point, which might or might not be helpful to purchasers of this product. When I pressed "play," I mistakenly assumed that both sequences contained on each disc would play through mechanically. However, after watching several discs, I acknowledged, much to my chagrin, that I had been missing much the satisfied. That was as in the case of my particular DVD player model, in any case, I didn't realize it was necessary to return to the top menu after the primarily period did playing, in order to access the second period within each disc. Needless to say, this resulted in a rather incongruous out-of-sequence viewing knowledge because me that would have been kept somewhere else enjoys had I realized it sooner. I don't really fault the producers of the video series because this, as much as myself because not catching on it sooner.

Aucun commentaire: